Saturday, March 2, 2013

Preparation of Sugandhi water/milk/soda

Preparation of Sugandhi water/milk/soda:

Sugandhi is one of the popular sherbath especially for children. I just made a trail to prepare it my own. I completed it successfully. This is also called as "Nannari".The juice of sugandhi helps in the purification of blood. It acts as a cooling agent and helps immediate recovery from sunstroke. A glass of sugandhi is enough to prevent sunstroke. 

I first tasted this at Eluru when i went to my father's home from that time i became a fan of this herbal drink. I used to take it daily. One day my father bought a bottel of concentrated syrup which costs Rs.100/-only. Syrup of sugandhi is available in ayurvedic medical stores and also in some coll drink shops. After that I tried to prepare the syrup by my own. The out put is successfull :-)

So lets see the preparation of Sugandhi. 

Ingredients:
Sugandhaa-40 gms(roots of sugandha)
Kharjura-10 gms
Sugar-1/2 kg
Draksha-5 gms
Citric acid-1/4 cup

Procedure:
First soak sugandha roots, dry khajuras, draksha in water and leave  them overnight. The next morning boil it and filter the precipitate. Add 1/2-1 kg of sugar. Syrup is ready.




Now add 1 part of sugandhi syrup to 2-3 parts of soda/water/hot milk. Tasty Sugandhi soda/water/milk is ready.U can also add 2 tsp of glucose to sugandhi water(only water but not milk/soda) it gives some extra tast. The next time you gulp a cola to slake your prached throat try this healthy herbal drink.




I wish U a safe and yummy cooking :-)

1 comment:

  1. good recipe.. can you please tell how much water did you use to soak/boiling?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis